Sunday, May 3, 2009

Wanted to talk about 2 things tonight, both involving Dallas sports teams.

First of all, I am glad the Mavericks lost. I am not a Denver Nuggets fan, but I am a fan of a team that doesn't think their "crap" doesn't stink (Chris "The Birdman" Anderson is the only guy that thinks he is the shiznit). The Mavericks just came off a big series, beating a tough Spurs team 4-1. I have a feeling the Mavs thought that they could just waltz into Denver and win. I expect the Mavs to shape up, but lose to the Nuggets in the series in 6 games (4-2). I bet you they wish they had Devin Harris instead of Grandpa Kidd right now. Now my Rockets aren't in good shape either. We have to go play the Lakers in L.A. While I do think they will put up a good fight, I believe Kobe and company will get the best of them, in Game 6 or in Game 7.

The second Dallas team I wanted to talk about was the Dallas Cowboys. While I think they made a huge mistake in drafting Stephen McGee, the QB from A&M ( I am a huge UT fan, but that isn't the reasoning behind my opinion), that isn't the mistake I wanted to talk about tonight. I just saw on the news that the Cowboys practice facility "roof" was brought down during the storms on Saturday. This "roof" was a freaking cloth bubble. What wise man would build a pro sports facility in Tornado Alley with a cloth roof? Jerry Jones. Smart. Very Smart. Thankfully someone wasn't killed, but a few people were injured, in an event that could have been avoided by ponying up and paying for a more stable roof.


BY THE WAY.....

I am hearing mixed reports on the new Wolverine: Origins movie. Has anybody seen it, and if you have, please share what you think. I am debating whether I should go see it or not.

J.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment