Saturday, May 2, 2009

Just another day.....

I am so sick of hearing about this swine flu business. Fort Worth ISD, Carollton ISD, Lewisville ISD, etc. all closed down because of this "epidemic". These kids are missing school (and not having to make up for the days missed) for no apparent reason. They say they are cleaning the schools and making all preparations for the H1N1 Influenza A virus. I called it by it's scientific name because The WHO (no not the band, the World Health Organization) said that people are being discourage from buying pork products. I think this whole thing is going to blow over like the storms did tonight; yeah they came and caused a few people to be uncomfortable, but they are gone now and we will have forgotten about them by next week. Federal, state, and local governments are spending a lot of money for vaccinations that actually killed more people than it helped the last time this Swine Flu came around (no one remembers that, huh?), as well as costing tax payers money buy closing down local schools. Texas and Alabama went as far to cancel school sports and other related programs.

The Chicago Bulls lost to the Boston Celtics tonight. This intriguing match up saw 7 OT periods and had the most OT games in an NBA playoff series. I was pulling for the Bulls, but Boston came out on top just to go lose in the next round.

If no one knows about him yet, check out Bo Burnham on youtube. Funny, but offensive, as hell. (As soon as I figure out how to add hyperlinks on here, I will).
If anyone knows of any funny or amazing youtube videos, or other cool websites, let me know. I get bored at work pretty easily.

Thank you for reading and please "follow" my blog by clicking on the button to the right. It will send a message to your e-mail letting you know that I have posted something new. Please comment on anything I say, I enjoy debates and hearing what people my age (or anyone for that matter) are thinking and why they feel a certain way.

Now I will leave you with a quote from the comic book "Calvin and Hobbes", one of my favorite comics when I was a kid ( when I was 14, and still read it today).

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."

Thanks for reading today. Please come back!

Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment