Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rockets Stay Out of Reach of Lakers


After beating the Rockets 4-0 through the regular season, the Rockets march into the Staples Center and beat the Lakers 100-92. This is a huge win for the Rockets. Winning one in L.A. is exactly what we needed. Yao's knee injury tonight proved to America that he is as tough as they come. Battier's bloody eyebrow (that eventually led to 40+ stitches), and Pau Gasol's skin tear above his eye lid tells me that this is going to be a tough series. I can't say that it will have the same intensity as the Bulls-Celtics series, but it sure looks promising. As I said before, I have the Rockets taking this in 6. The win here tonight made me feel a lot more confident about my pick.
Turning away from the sports scene now, I want to talk about the show Chuck on NBC. I don't know a lot of people who watch it, but I think it is one of the best written shows on T.V. I read an article the other day about how it is in trouble of been canceled, I say BULL!! (As I am typing this, Phil Jackson in being interviewed live, he just seems not to care anymore). Chuck is one of the best shows on T.V., coming on right before a Heroes show that I believe has completely tanked, only watching it still just to see how far off they can spin things (plus I feel it is too much like X-Men to earn any originality awards). The Office is still the best show on T.V., without a doubt.
I am also starting to get hooked onto Deadliest Catch again. For some reason, that show always drags me in.
Back to sports, I am glad the Orlando Magic beat the Celtics tonight. I am sick of the Bostonian sports reign (Red Sox, Celtics, Patriots, but not quite the Bruins). Dwight Howard is amazing to watch, and I think the addition of Rafer Alston was key in not only allowing them to make the playoffs, but moving on to the second round as well.
Please keep reading, I am hoping that more and more join in and read what I have to say, as well as comment. I enjoy hearing people's opinions, if if I know they are wrong....:-)

4 comments:

  1. I like this one! It's so cute how much fun you are having with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how the rockets are able to do so well without Tmac. i counted them out when i heard about his surgery, but Yao has picked up the slack. I wasn't aware of his range. Anyways, i thought i read that you picked the lakers, rather than the rockets in an earlier post. i could be wrong tho. I think the rox win this series, i think denver beats dallas in 5. i think rox lose to lebron in 6 in the finals. oh and i agree with stacy, this blog is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what? You are right Kavon. I did say that. I was trying to be rational, but now I am letting my hopes get the best of me. I still think (hope) the Rockets will pull it off. I think I am still dead on (as you are) about the Mavs losing to the Nuggets.

    Thanks for not only reading and commenting, but actually paying attention. I really appreciate it.

    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am liking the new blog!

    ReplyDelete